Jenkins Dog Park
Jenkins Park is a public park in the Town of Ballston, located on Jenkins Road in Burnt Hills. This popular park has been enjoyed by the community since it was formed as a small Park District* in the mid 1950s. In 2023, Jenkins Dog Park was established and situated within Jenkins Park. It features two fenced-in areas that separate large and small dogs. Pet waste bags and a receptacle are available.
*All operations of Jenkins Park and Jenkins Dog Park are funded by the Jenkins Park District taxpayers.
*** Dog Park Open July 10, 2023 ***
- Dogs must be registered at the Town Clerk's Office before dog park use (see below)
- Jenkins Dog Park registration is separate from the Town dog license, required by NYS law for dogs four months old and older
- Puppies under four months old are not allowed in the dog park - see complete park rules and regulations below
- REPORT ALL DOG BITES TO ANIMAL CONTROL: 518-477-0908
- IN AN EMERGENCY CALL 911 FOR SARATOGA COUNTY SHERIFF DISPATCH
Hours of Operation
Jenkins Dog Park is open daily to MEMBERS ONLY from 8 am to dusk, weather permitting.
Dog Park Registration
- Dog park registration materials must be presented IN PERSON at the Town Clerk's Office
- Paper copies of all items are required
- Town Clerk's Office is located in Town Hall, 323 Charlton Road, Ballston Spa, NY 12020
- Town Clerk office hours are Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4 pm
- Pet owners will receive a dog park registration tag for each registered dog
- Dogs must wear the dog park tag and Town license tag when at the park
- Dogs belonging to non-Ballston residents must wear the dog park tag and their Town's dog license tag
- Dog park registration tags are valid from January 1st to December 31st; the tag color will change each year
- Annual registration is required
- No renewal notice will be mailed
- Fees will not be prorated, reduced or refunded for partial year registration, moving in or out of the Town of Ballston, etc.
Required Forms and Documentation
All three forms must be completed and submitted in person at the Town Clerk's office.
- Jenkins Dog Park Application Form (PDF)
- Jenkins Dog Park Release/Waiver of Liability Form (PDF)
- Jenkins Dog Park Rules and Regulations Form (PDF)
- Veterinarian proof of current rabies vaccination
- Veterinarian proof of current distemper vaccination
- Current Town dog license
- Ballston residents without a current Town license - visit the Animal Control page for information on dog licensing
- Non-Ballston residents must provide a paper copy of the current dog license from their Town; the dog's Town license tag is not acceptable proof of current license
Fees (per dog)
Fees** are assessed annually, except for the replacement tag fee which is charged per occurrence. Fees will not be prorated, reduced or refunded.
- Jenkins Park District Resident - No Fee
- Town of Ballston Resident - $25.00
- Non-Ballston Resident - $ 50.00
- Replacement Tag fee - $25.00 (This fee applies to all dog park users, including Jenkins Park District Residents)
** Fees are subject to change at any time
Jenkins Dog Park Rules and Regulations
Please note that the signed Rules and Regulations form must be submitted with the Application and Release/Waiver of Liability forms (linked in the Forms section above).
The following rules apply to all dog park users. View a printable PDF of the rules (for reference only, see above for form to be submitted).
- Open daily to MEMBERS ONLY, 8 AM to dusk, weather permitting.
- Dogs must wear a valid Town license AND current dog park registration tag. Annual registration tags are valid January 1st to December 31st.
- Dogs must remain leashed while entering and exiting the dog park. Remove leashes before entering through the inner gate. Close all gates properly.
- Dog owner or responsible person (age 17 or older and capable of controlling the dog) must always have a leash.
- Children ages 10 to 16 are allowed in the dog park under direct adult supervision.
- Children under age 10 are not allowed in the dog park.
- Dog owner or responsible person must remain in fenced area of the dog park, with the dog under visual contact and oral command when off leash.
- Dog owners are solely and legally responsible for the actions of their dog.
- Dogs displaying aggressiveness must immediately be leashed and removed from the park. Dogs with a history of aggressive behavior are prohibited.
- Female dogs in heat are prohibited.
- Puppies under four months old are prohibited.
- Dog owner must clean up their dog's waste and place it in the proper receptacle. No littering.
- No food, beverages, alcohol or smoking allowed. No dog food or treats allowed inside the fenced area. Dog owners must provide their own water and water bowls.
- Dog owner or responsible person must stop dogs from digging and refill any holes before leaving park.
- Large dogs (more than 30 lbs.) must use the large dog area. Small dogs (30 lbs.. or less) must use the small dog area.
The above rules are enforced by the Town Animal Control Officer, his or her designees and/or assigns. Violation of the above rules is subject to all fines and penalties as set in local laws and ordinances and may also lead to the termination of your right to utilize the Park and forfeiture of any fees paid. Rules and fees are subject to change at any time.
REPORT ALL DOG BITES TO ANIMAL CONTROL: 518-477-0908
IN AN EMERGENCY DIAL 911 FOR SARATOGA COUNTY SHERIFF DISPATCH