Dog licenses are valid for one year. Renewal notices are mailed out during the month prior to the month the license will expire.
The renewal cost is $10 (neutered/spayed) OR $17 (unneutered/unspayed).
If paying by check, please make payable to Town of Ballston.
To renew your dog's license:
1. Check the phone number, email address, etc. on the renewal notice and make corrections as needed
2. If the rabies vaccination is up to date, simply sign the bottom of the renewal notice and submit with payment
3. If the rabies vaccination requires updating:
- Please submit veterinarian proof of rabies vaccination with the signed renewal notice and payment
4. If your dog has been neutered/spayed since the last renewal:
- Please submit veterinarian proof of neuter/spay with the signed renewal notice and reduced payment of $10 for neutered/spayed dogs
5. If you have moved or no longer shelter the dog:
- Please place a check next to the appropriate change, sign the renewal notice and submit to our office; we will make the changes
Options for submittal:
- Town Hall, located at 323 Charlton Rd, Ballston Spa, NY 12020 - come to the Town Clerk's window Monday - Friday, 8 am to 4 pm
- Drop in the locked, gray mailbox at the rear of Town Hall that is labeled "Town Payment."
- Town of Ballston, P.O. Box 67, Burnt Hills, NY 12027.
Please call the Town Clerk's Office at 518-490-2800 ext.2502 with any questions.